ToBeContinued
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Generi
Generi

Into the Spiderverse - Page 9 Empty Re: Into the Spiderverse

Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 am
"We need to rest first," Wanda said in a sharper tone than she intended. She got up stiffly and rolled her shoulders. "We are not fit to fight them again. Just look at the boy." She pointed to Jake, who looked like he was still unconscious but his eyes were open. "Oh, baby boy," Millie cooed, shuffling over to sit beside Jake and stroke his head. "You there, Jakey? You alright?" She was hurting too, but less so than the others who'd been into the void with her. It was probably something to do with her neon abilities.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin
https://bluegentbc.forumotion.com

Tue May 07, 2019 4:38 am
Jet grabbed his head and shouted in anger and punched the ground a few more times then calmed down. He sighed as Havoc began to relax. “Y-Yeah. Youre right. We cant fight them now.” Jet finally managed to say. “Y-yeah. Im....Im ok.” Jake said as he grunted and tried to move. “It feels like my whole body was put in a blender.” He said.
Generi
Generi

Fri May 10, 2019 6:54 am
"Mm, yeah, it was rough," Millie agreed with Jake, stroking his forehead gently. "She was a real meany. Who the hell was she?" She'd not encountered someone like that in her reality, and she seemed to have come as a surprise to Jake too.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 am
“I dont know. There’s someone similar to her in my dimension, but not nearly as powerful. Or terrifying.” Jet said as he walked over and sat down beside Jake and Millie.

Meanwhile, the others had returned back to Morzo with not so good news. Morzo didnt like bad news. He growled in anger as he smashed the table he was standing near into pieces. “I thought you lot could handle a couple of bugs. Is there not one competent person among you that could have captured a single spider?!” Morzo roared angrily.
Generi
Generi

Fri May 10, 2019 7:20 am
"We know her weakness," Wanda pointed out, kneeling beside the rest of them. "Therefore you should not be terrified of her." She looked at Millie, who blinked a couple of times. "I guess... Light does beat shadow, right?"

Equinox did not take well to being yelled at, especially by a man, so she had a very menacing look when she responded. "I don't see you out there getting them," she hissed, the room going dark around her. Nadja was beside Morzo as this went down - she knew she was included in his incompetent group but right now she wasn't the focus of his rage, so she just smiled smugly at the rest of them. Equinox noticed and bared her teeth at Nadja, startling her and making her jump back into a mirror behind her.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 am
“Now we just need a way to fight the other ones.” Jet said. “Yeah. That lion man asura was really strong. Plus there’s the robot woman, the guy wanda was finding and the mirror person. We’re kind of outnumbered.” Jake said.

“Im pretty sure I hired you because I was too busy to go out there.” Morzo shot back. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. “The device is near completion. We are doing one final test in 2 hours and then we will move on to the main run. We are hours away from achieveing our goal and the one thing that could hinder my plan is still breathing. I need those spiders dead.” Morzo said.
Generi
Generi

Fri May 24, 2019 4:20 am
"We need to find a new place to hide," said Wanda, standing up once more and scanning the skyline. "They found our first location and they know we're wounded, they may come back for us. Jake." She turned to the boy. "Do you know anywhere else we can go?"

Equinox snarled and turned away. She wouldn't be spoken down to by a man who sat around on his ass all day, and who still hadn't proved himself to be all that. A moment later, Nadja tiptoed out of the mirror once more with a gleeful grin on her face. "Morzo~," she cooed, "I have a present for you~." She had seen something in the mirror dimension through a shattered piece of glass and it looked very familiar. Aha! To Morzo she gave the "goober"!
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Fri May 24, 2019 8:21 am
Jake was surprised Wanda asked. She was the one who found their hideouts. Jake had no idea....wait! “Oh! My dads old lab! Its been abandoned since he went to jail, and I know how to get us in!” Jake said.

Equinox was right Morzo thought. How dare he expect results out of the people he hired? He must have been insane to expect anything out of them. On the other hand, someone who wasnt hired and admired and adored him had just brought him something very very fortuitous. “Nadja.... you beautiful beautiful creature. You brought me something worth while.” Morzo said. He took the goober, pulled Nadja in for a rough kiss and then looked at the goober. “What exactly is that?” Asura said. “This my uneducated goon, is what we call the deus ex machina. I assume this was owned by the spiders and they planned to use this to stop my machine. With this we can bait them out and squash them for good.” Morzo said.
Generi
Generi

Sat May 25, 2019 5:14 am
"We may need your help getting us there faster," Wanda said to Millie, who looked nervous but nodded in agreement. "Show us the way," Wanda then instructed Jake.

Nadja practically melted, she was just able to stand up long enough to receive the gift of a kiss before sinking to her knees in a panting mess. She looked like Morzo's pet right now and it disgusted everyone else in the room. N-N was intrigued by this 'goober' and wanted to get a closer look at it, but she didn't want to get turned to scrap by Morzo.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sat May 25, 2019 5:22 am
Jake nodded and after giving Millie directions and a bit of trial and error they seemed to be able to get Millie to transfer them through lights and they quickly made their way to the lab. It looked like a boring little shack on the edge of town. But once they went inside there was a large concealed steel door on the floor. Jake opened it up and they quickly headed down the stairs to a massive lab.

Morzos eyes began to glow as he scanned it and then he looked to N-N. “Take this. See if you can acquire any information about the one who made this. But...don’t destroy it.” Morzo said as he tossed it to her. “Marksman. I want you to draw the attention of our spiders. They need to know we want to meet. THe rest of you, prepare for them.” Morzo said. “Nadja. Come with me. We’re going to begin our next test.” Morzo said.
Generi
Generi

Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 am
Wanda had left a fair amount of her supplies at their old base, so she was down a few weapons and survival supplies. She did still have her think black marker though, so if they found any mirror surfaces she would be able to cover them and protect them from the mirror woman. But now shadows presented a problem too... Millie was a little tired out from their fight and from teleporting all of them multiple times. She was shaking like a leaf as they went into the base.

N-N took the goober and went to run further tests on it. She didn't respond to Morzo's blase comment about destroying the thing, what did he take her for. Nadja pouted a little - another test? But Morzo had just praised her, so she wanted to play... Equinox was still scowling, but she decided to follow discreetly after Morzo and Nadja to see what they were doing.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sat May 25, 2019 5:59 am
Jet wasnt doing that great either, being damaged from the battle, and from the teleportation messing with Havoc. They all needed to rest right now. Luckily when they got down there, Jake took them to the room his father used when he stayed in his lab so they could rest in the beds. “Ill get some food for everyone as well so feel free to rest and use whatever you find here.” Jake told everyone.

Playing would have to wait, Morzo was much more interested in getting the test run going.....

A few hours later, Jake came back with food for everyone, and just entered the basement lab when everything around them began to shake. Was it an earthquake? He went downstairs to check on everyone, and they were doing that weird shifting thing while the earthquake was happening. It seemed that the test Morzo was running was affecting their bodies. Pretty soon it was over and they all stopped shifting and spasming.
Generi
Generi

Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 am
Wanda had advised against Jake going because his face had been seen, whereas hers hadn't, but she had no idea where to go so she had to let him leave, covering his face just in case. And then, the three of them slept until Jake got back. Wanda tried to hide her exhaustion but she was old and wise enough to know when sleep was needed. Millie was also severely depleted and fully passed out as soon as she hit the bed. She was so disorientated when the earthquake began and she was shimmering painfully.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sat May 25, 2019 6:42 am
Jet had also passed out and thanks to Havoc they were able to heal a little faster but then they were violently woken up by the horrible shimmering shifting or their molecules. when it was over Jet was gasping and wide awake. “A-are you guys ok?” Jake stammered, not sure what to do to make them feel better.
Generi
Generi

Sun May 26, 2019 4:19 am
Millie whimpered in pain and struggled to stand. She fell back but was supported by Wanda, who as ever seemed unphased by the painful experience. "I don't think this version of New York has earthquakes," she mused aloud.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun May 26, 2019 4:27 am
“Yeah...I think maybe Morzo was testing out the machine. It must be almost complete. We dont have a lot of time to send you guys back.” Jake said. “Well so long as we have your goober we should be fine right?” Jet said. “I...I dont have it. When the bad guys came and broke in, I think it got smashed up with everything else.” Jake said sadly.
Generi
Generi

Sun May 26, 2019 5:11 am
"W-well... Well now what do we do?" Millie stammered, stressing out more than usual because she was hungry, tired, and in pain from the last shimmer.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun May 26, 2019 5:16 am
Jet sighed. “Lets eat. Once we fill our stomachs then we can discuss a game plan.” Jet suggested. They didnt have a lot of options now. Perhaps after they rested up a bit they could go back to the old hideout and see if they could find the goober, or at the very least find what they needed to make another one.
Generi
Generi

Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 am
While they made some food, Wanda had walked off to 'keep watch' or something, she hadn't told them very clearly. Even though she always had a cold, calm exterior, Millie could feel an even deeper, icier cold around her right now. Millie nudged Jake while Jet was cooking. "I'm worried about Wanda," she murmured. "Well, not like worried, but like... You know. You should go talk to her, she likes you most."
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun May 26, 2019 9:11 am
She liked him most? He wasnt sure about that. But he was worried about her as well, so he would go talk with her. He nodded to Millie then went off to go find Wanda and seem what was the matter. Once Jake was gone, Jet spoke up. “I can understand wanda being a little upset. We were comepletely unmatched in that fight. Its frustrating that we lost so badly.” Jet said.
Generi
Generi

Sun May 26, 2019 9:45 am
Wanda was by the door, doing the most badass Wanda thing possible - sharpening her knives. She looked over at Jake as he approached. "You should be resting and eating," she said sharply. "Mm," Millie agreed with Jet, running her hand through her hair. She hadn't given it a proper wash for so long. Man, being in hiding was so gross. "I've never been beaten so badly before. But I guess... I've never picked a fight this big before. Back home, I only ever... Pick fights I can handle. Heh, guess I'm a bit of a coward." Being here was making her realise that she only ever fought petty crooks, when she should be saving the whole world.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun May 26, 2019 9:52 am
“So should you.” Jake said. He went over and stood beside her. “Are you upset about the fight?’ He cautiously asked her. “No im in the same boat. I mean...me and Havoc have maybe scrapped with a super powered baddy once or twice, but never anything like this. Just makes me realize how much we havent done.” Jet said. “This is annoying. I dont like losing.” Havoc said, coming out of Jets shoulder.
Generi
Generi

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:04 am
Wanda's sharpening slowed slightly. "Upset is... The wrong word," she said slowly, clearly thinking it over. "But it does not feel good. I was evenly matched with that man, and then she came along and... What's the phrase? Curb-stomped us?" Millie smiled weakly at Jet. He was obviously just being kind to her. "Nah, you two are so awesome," she said to them both, shuffling closer and giving Havoc a little grin. "I bet you absolutely own the streets at home."
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:09 am
Jake wasnt sure hed use the phrase curbstomped but he didnt correct her. “Yeah...this is different than the fights Ive had before. when I first became a hero it was by accident. Spur of the moment. I wasnt...ready then. and I dont think Im ready now....Wanda...how do you know when youre ready to do this? To be a superhero?” Jake asked her. “Heh...that’s nice of you to say. To be honest though....we dont win a lot of our fights. My usual M.O. is just to get in and beat everyone up as fast as possible. Its the same with Havoc. we dont use strategy or anything. We never needed to. But now...it feels like this fight might be smarter than us ya know?” Jet said half jokingly but still seriously. “Mmm...” Havoc said, unsure of what to add because what Jet said was right.
Generi
Generi

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:59 am
Wanda looked at him thoughtfully. “I may be the wrong person to ask,” she said. “You were given these gifts that no normal human has. Whereas I worked hard to become what I am. I haven’t had time to think if I’m a hero or not. I just do what’s right. And what else is there to being a superhero?” Millie decides to lighten the mood a bit. “Then it’s a shame I’m such a dumbass,” she said, knocking her head lightly and sticking out her tongue with a wink. “But what I don’t have in brains, I make up for in crazy stupid optimism. If we think we’re gonna win then we’ll definitely win!” She knew that wasn’t true but her charming optimism was normally contagious.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum