ToBeContinued
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin
https://bluegentbc.forumotion.com

Delicate Love Empty Delicate Love

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm
Delicate Love: A Penny and Shiori Story

This is the story of Penny and Shiori, two young women who have gone through so much in so many different realities. In this reality, we find the two meeting yet again, but this time as adults. Two adults who despite them coming from two different worlds, somehow find each other and develop a sweet, yet delicate, love.

> Previously, on Delicate Love:

Penny sighed as she stretched and looked at the clock. It was almost closing time at the library. As usual, she did not have very many visitors. Penny didnt particularly mind though. She loved how quiet the bookstore was. She really loved to read and since she was the only employee, she didn't have to worry about interacting with many people. It was a quiet life, away from her old one, away from the troubles and terrible things. She enjoyed this city and she enjoyed her life, but sometimes she wished something interesting would happen. Only sometimes though.

Almost closing time meant there was still time for something to happen, in fact there were 17 minutes left in the working day that could mean someone interesting walked in through the door. As it turned out, Penny didn't notice the interesting person walk through the door at first, she just looked like any other petite teen girl in a gym kit. But Shiori was anything bit. She scoured around for a while before she'd found the books she wanted, and brought them to the front desk. That was where Shiori met Penny, and Penny met Shiori. The shorter woman briefly noted the other's bust and glossy hair, before scowling at her books again. They were about boxing, how to make cheap, high protein meals, and how to fix cuts and scrapes. The latter might make sense, as she currently had a busted lip and a black eye.

Penny was very...surprised to see someone so small look so beat up. Penny slowly checked out each of the books. Was she doing boxing? Or did she want to learn so someone didnt hurt her? Penny felt a bunch of different ideas fly around in her mind as she checked out the books. She found herself doing that often whenever someone checked out books. Penny didnt normally talk to anyone checking out, but for some reason she felt compelled to do so tonight. "....Are you trying to become a professional boxer?" Penny asked her.

The librarian's soft voice made Shiori's frown lift a few millimetres, but instinctively it fell once again as she glanced up at her. "Mm," she grunted in confirmation. Normally people went silent whenever Shiori had a mark of her hobby-profession on her face, but this one was starting a conversation with her. She was probably a weirdo. When the books were checked out for her, Shiori was compelled to do something unusual. "Thanks," she mumbled, shovelling the books into her backpack.

Oh, so she was quiet like Penny. Or perhaps she just didnt want to talk? Maybe it was an athlete thing? Penny felt some encouragement was in order. "...good luck. the books are due in a week." Penny told shiori giving her a smile. Usually she had a stiff smile, mostly because people always just oggled her, but she felt like smiling to this one. It felt like she could use a bit of encouragement.

Shiori didn't give the librarian anymore encouragement, she was just a weirdo, she thought as she stomped out of there with her books. But over the next couple of days, Shiori would keep thinking about her every now and again, randomly. The shy and sweet smile, most of all. After three days, Shiori returned the books, once again just before the doors closed for the evening. She felt the tiniest twinkle of hope that she'd see the librarian again, but had no idea why. Maybe it was the after effects of the bash to the face she'd taken. "Thanks," was all she said again, handing the books back over the counter.

Oh she was back! Penny had also had her on her mind at random times. She didn't a lot of visitors though, so the small woman's visit certainly stood out. "Oh. Welcome back. Were the books helpful?" Penny said again in her sweet happy tone, slightly elated to see her again. She knew it was probably strange, and hopefully it didnt freak her out, but she had collected similar books to the ones that Shiori had checked out, just in case she might want or need more.

"Uh, yeah," Shiori said along with a nod, not making eye contact with the bespectacled librarian. She sure was a chipper one - what a weirdo. It was not in Shiori's nature to associate with happy people, because she herself wasn't happy. But seeing that the one who was helping her out again was this girl, it made Shiori feel... Ugh, weird. In a good way - which was weird in itself too. Why was Shiori thinking so much about this? "Thanks... Got any more?" she blurted out before really thinking about it.

Penny's smile widened slightly when she head her ask if she had more. "I do actually. follow me." Penny said. She knew where all her books were in the library, and she remembered the books she wanted to get for her. Coming from behind the desk, Penny did look a lot more curvy than her appearance suggested. She was wearing a dress that covered it up mostly, but it was still quite easy to see.

Shiori wouldn't judge people if they were chunky or wafer thin like she was. It might be that the librarian was privileged and could afford to eat well, or that she was less privileged and could only afford cheap, unhealthy food. But she spent no more than a second thinking about the other woman's weight before following after her. What a predicament she'd gotten herself into here.

Penny was very happy, and didnt hesitate to show it, even though she might normally do so. Penny hummed a little song as she headed towards some bookcases. She found a little step ladder and went and grabbed some books from a high shelf. She then did the same on another bookshelf until she had about 4 books for her. "These I recommend. These are good for boxing, this one is on nutrition, and this one is more medical aid. These should help a little more than the others." Penny said softly as she handed them to her.

Wow, maybe she really was nice rather than being a weirdo. "Ya shouldn't have," Shiori mumbled, loathe to be in debt to anyone for the tiniest of things, even like fetching books. To distract herself from being alone between the bookshelves with someone so nice, she flipped the book on food open to one of the recipe pages. It was a healthy alternative recipe for cake, including molasses and vegetable oil rather than chocolate and butter. It looked good. "Mo... Molasses?" she mumbled, scanning the word and butchering the pronunciation. What on Earth was that?

She may not have needed to, but Penny really wanted to. She saw her open the book and read about something."Molasses is a sweetener that is claimed to be much healthier than sugar. Some say it may even offer unique health benefits." Penny told the woman. "Do you want a book on how to make molasses too?" Penny asked her.

Normally when Shiori didn't know something and someone explained stuff to her, either they were super condescending and pissed her off, or she assumed they were judging her and she got pissed off. By reflex, Shiori did get a little annoyed, but not because the librarian was judging her. It didn't seem like she was judging her one bit in fact, Shiori was just annoyed at her own ignorance. "N-nah, I'll just buy it," she mumbled. "Thanks, um... Penny." She spied her name badge and thought she'd address her more personally. Penny. What a cute, shiny name.

Oh, she hadnt heard anybody say her name in a long time. It caught her off guard and blushed slightly. "Uh n-no problem....I'm sorry. I don't know your name." Penny said. Wait, was it weird that Penny asked her for her name? Penny realized that she only knew her name because of her nametag. Asking a library goer for her name must have been odd.

What a pleasant reaction Penny gave when addressed with her name, though Shiori did not understand it. She reacted in the exact opposite way when her name was used, too. She bristled and got defensive, a reflex learned years ago. "Rocky Balboa," she grumbled, snapping the recipe book shut and stomping away. She hated when people knew things about her, that always led to them being exploited and Shiori was done with being used. Even if it was such a sweet girl asking her name... Shiori couldn't bear the thought of being weak.

Rocky Balboa? That was a very...strange name for a girl. Penny didnt really watch movies, and so she took the name at face value. the woman must have been really embarrassed because she forgot the book and just walked out. Penny held the books to her chest and went back to the counter, seeing that the person was long gone. She hoped ms balboa would come back so they could chat a bit more. Penny was interested in her even more.

Shiori had actually been holding the books in her arms, so she walked out with her arms full of them. She looked like she was stealing them, but she hoped Penny would take this to mean she was just borrowing the books the same as last time. About an hour later, she felt guilty for being so rude to Penny. Guilt was an unusual sensation for her. She wanted to apologise to Penny, but couldn't bring herself to do it face to face. Being open wasn't her strong suit. She watched the library from the outside until she saw Penny leaving the desk to go and do whatever, then ran inside and put a little Tupperware box on the counter. Inside was a slice of molasses cake that she'd made, alongside a poorly written note. "Cakes not bad, hope you like it - Rocky."

Penny sighed, realizing that she had actually stolen the books. Maybe Penny was just being naive again. She hoped that Ms Balboa did return her books. She went off to close up shop and when she came back she saw a little box. She looked around and didnt see anyone as she walked up and read the note. She couldnt help but smile as she sat down and tried the cake. It was very interesting, but Penny liked it.
Generi
Generi

Delicate Love Empty Re: Delicate Love

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:49 am
The next day, like clockwork, right before the library was about to close up shop, Shiori returned with the books she'd borrowed. She wasn't sure whether she wanted to see Penny at the desk or not, to apologise for sort-of stealing the books and being cold. Such vulnerabilities didn't come easily to Shiori. Yet, it was a Saturday today and she knew the library would be closed the following day, which gave her the strongest urge to see the sweet librarian. While she thought herself a little pathetic in her endeavours, she hoped Penny would notice that she'd brushed her hair for once, and was even wearing a little pink lip gloss on her thin lips.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm
Penny was of course there. She had been thinking of Shiori all day, wondering if she would come back so she could tell her how the cake was. She also hoped that she brought back the books. Penny's eyes lit up when she saw her, and ooh she had even freshened up a bit. It made Penny wish she did as Shiori came into the library. "Hello Ms Balboa. I'm happy you came back with my books. I like your gloss." Penny told her with a smile.
Generi
Generi

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 am
It seemed that Penny was a bit more vocal today, which made Shiori happy. She blushed all over her sallow cheeks and smiled tightly at the librarian, placing the books on the front desk. When Penny called her Ms Balboa, it was without a hint of teasing. It was almost as if she really thought Shiori's name was Rocky Balboa... Oh hell, she did. "M-my name's not really Rocky Balboa," she muttered, scratching behind her ear. "He's, um, a famous boxer... C-call me Shiori."
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 pm
"Oh....I think that name fits you a lot better." Penny said, slightly blushing for thinking her name was actually Rocky. Penny grabbed the books then looked at Shiori. "So um...were the books helpful for you Shiori?" Penny asked her. If they were she had more books for her, and maybe some different kinds if she wanted them.
Generi
Generi

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:12 pm
"Mhm," Shiori mumbled, nodding her head. With Penny being so vocal today, she felt herself relaxing a bit and wanting to speak up more. "I-it was interestin', seein' how ya can be a good fighter even if ya little." Ugh, her voice was so rough and tumble compared to Penny, who was so refined and feminine. Remembering that Penny had said she liked Shiori's gloss, she reached into her pocket and got it out to apply some more, though hasty and sloppy as a result. So, was this awkward or was it just her?
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:19 pm
"I agree. You're kind of like baby jake matlala. He was very small yet still became champ." Penny said. She wondered if Shiori would be surprised. During the day she read some books on boxers to try to impress Shiori a bit since it seemed she was so interested in the books. Penny had to admit she didn't go near the section all that much, so reading the books was a bit exciting. She also read the medical books but she was sure Shiori would probably not want her to touch her....
Generi
Generi

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:13 pm
Shiori's face went from a sallow shadow to being lit up like a Christmas tree. Aww, oh god that was so cute, Penny did her research! She assumed it wasn't because she was interested in the subject, but so that she could have a conversation with Shiori. What a kind and lovely thing to do! "Ya think I could be a champ like him?" she asked Penny, leaning her elbow on the desk and grinning across at her. This was pretty open and playful for her, but she was so taken aback by Penny's sweetness that she couldn't help it.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 pm
"Of course! If you work hard, then I'm sure you can." Penny said with a smile. "How um...how do you fight? There are different ways right?" Penny said. She read another book about stances and what not, but that one was a bit overwhelming so she wasn't so sure about it. Talking about boxing seemed to make Shiori open up which Penny was happy about.
Generi
Generi

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:29 am
"Yeah," Shiori said, putting her chin on her hand and looking up at the ceiling as she thought about it. "But, like, I ain't a boxer. I'm an MMA fighter, ya know. Not pro either, so I don't... Um, do fancy things." She'd been about to swear but she figured that wouldn't be nice to do in front of Penny, who seemed so gentile and polite. But then, here she was telling her she got beat up for a living. Shiori's eyes caught sight of the clock and she mumbled, "Um, ya closin' now right?"
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 am
An mma fighter? Penny didn't know much about it, but she knew that one was much more violent than boxing. She was more worried that Shiori might hurt herself knowing that. Penny looked at the clock and gasped. "You're right....do you want to stay a bit while I close up?" Penny asked her.
Generi
Generi

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:35 pm
"Don't wanna intrude," Shiori mumbled, retreating into her shell a little bit. But, the thought was nice enough that she didn't step away from the desk or look like she was making any progress to leave. This was the closest she'd been to someone in- well, forever. It was such a pretty and glimmering experience that she had to extend this a bit. "Want me to help?" she volunteered.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 pm
Penny smiled happily. She was quiet and she seemed like she didn't want to be here, but Penny could tell how sweet Shiori was. "Sure. It will make it easier." Penny said. She grabbed her keys and then turned to Shiori. "Could you make sure nobody else is here? Sometimes people don't check the time." Penny said.
Generi
Generi

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:33 pm
"'K-'kay!" Shiori said, hopping away from the desk and gambolling further into the library. She wanted to impress Penny with an almost childlike fervour, so she quickly found a guy who hadn't left yet. As she ushered him out, neither of them noticed his eyes seemed to linger on Penny a bit longer... "Done! Now what?" she asked Penny when everyone was gone. "Cleanin'? Book countin'?"

Last edited by Generi on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:44 pm
"I have a person who comes and cleans on the weekends. And I count during the day." Penny explained. "Now we can just check the hallways for stray books and we're done." Penny said. She was so happy Shiori seemed to be excited about this!!!
Generi
Generi

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:41 am
"A'ight," Shiori said, tucking her hands into her pockets and falling into step beside Penny as they roamed the halls, picking up the occasionally fallen book. This was pleasant in its simplicity and quietness. Shiori was terrible at conversation, but it was so quiet and comfortable here that she wasn't too nervous to try. "H-how, ahem, how long ya worked here?" she asked, sort-of trying to gauge how old Penny was. It was hard to tell, she had such a womanly figure but a youthful face, whereas Shiori's body was childlike with an old face.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm
Penny wasn't expecting questions about herself. She was happy that Shiori seemed interested in her though! "Um...about 3 years ago. The old owner wanted to retire and he was....a family friend. He asked me if I wanted to take over and I said yes. Guess it's weird to meet a 26 year old librarian huh?" Penny said with a small smile.
Generi
Generi

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:57 pm
Shiori's face lit up a bit before she tried to quell it and look cool again. "N-naw, it's pretty cool," she said. "You doin' that for the guy... G-guess it's weird to meet a 26 year old who looks like a six year old huh?" she added, trying to joke while she pointed to herself. So, they were the same age. Being with Penny made Shiori want to tell her everything about herself.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:14 pm
Oh they were the same age! How wonderful. “6? You don’t look that way, you’re just petite. I think you look very cu...tough.” Penny said blushing realizing she was about to say something embarrassing.
Generi
Generi

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm
Even Shiori with her less than sharp brain caught what Penny was about to say. Such a word normally riled her up, she hated being infantilised, but... Penny's magical touch was softening her hatred of being called cute. "Ya really think I look tough?" she asked, biting her lip when she finished and looking down.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm
"Yes I do. I'm not tough in the slightest, so I admire that about you." Penny said to her. She really meant it too. Shiori was small, but from the way she held herself, she could tell Shiori didn't let people mess with her. She had a tough and intimidating aura that Penny wished she had. Penny felt like she had the opposite. An aura that said to pick and tease on her and that she was weak.
Generi
Generi

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:20 am
Shiori felt a bit of sadness in Penny's voice, and watched the other woman slowly deflating slightly when she derided herself. Shiori's heart pounded briefly when Penny gave her such high praise, but she was now more focused on how Penny put herself down. "Not bein' tough ain't a bad thing," she said, trying her hardest to sound meaningful and kind. "If everyone was tough, no one'd be nice. Ya know? Y-ya look like a real nice person."
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:13 pm
Penny blushed and smiled happily. That certainly cheered her up. "Thank you. I think you're nice too. Nobody has made me food in....a very long time." Penny said, with another tint of sadness in her voice. "I think this is the last row. We should be good now." Penny told her as she picked up the last book. "Im so happy you helped me." Penny said to Shiori.
Generi
Generi

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:51 pm
Shiori all at once felt sad in a lot of ways. Sad that Penny sounded sad, sad that no one seemed to want to treat her right, sad that they were at the end of their task... She didn't want this to end and she wanted to cheer Penny up. "P-pleasure," she mumbled, smiling bashfully down at the ground. "So, uh, d'ya walk home alone? It ain't safe for a lady to walk home alone in the dark." Even though she herself always did it.
bluemonkue
bluemonkue
Admin

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 pm
Most times Penny actually spent the night in the library. She had her own little area in the back where only employees could go. However...she kind of wanted Shiori to walk her home. "Yes I do. So...if it's not too much of a burden would it be ok if you walked me home?" Penny asked her.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum